Friday, November 2, 2007

Bootie Project

Last year I had asked my mom to knit 12 - 15 booties for my group that I will be traveling to China with. You are assigned a group of people that you travel w/ once you receive your referral "baby info." This you do not receive until about 5-8 weeks before you go. So it won't be for a while, next summer perhaps. Then my mom's Bob said "well what about all those babies left there w/ out booties?" She posted on her knitting blog about the orphans in China and wanted to start a project. I am posting a picture of the bootie project. They are all so beautiful. One of the ladies made the yarn for these socks from her own wool and dyed them too. I love these little socks. Then someone did these little bootie that are kind of flat at the bottom.

No comments: