Monday, August 10, 2009

Referral and PA




I hope your not reading this before I get to call you.......We just received our first approval PA from China last night. I checked before I went to bed as I knew it was Monday AM in China and to my surprise!!!!! And here she is, our long awaited Penny Ray!!!!!!! DOB Jan, 11 2008 Bao xin qin from Bao'An, Shenzhen Province the Center of Social Welfare, Guangdong Welfare Institute of Guangdong province. So we got matched with her technically before we even signed on with the agency we decided to go with this time. It was kind of strange that she was not adopted yet as she is one of the most accepted and minor special needs of cleft lip and cleft palate. Not even that but she's post operative clefts. Her file said she was only post op lip but as I read throughout it seemed as though they had her scheduled for her palate. The coordinator said it was just lip and I had asked to see a picture of her palate so I could give it to our Dr's that here that reviewed her file for us. A few days past and our coordinator found out she did in fact also have her palate repaired. So she will need to go through some touch up corrective ops in the future, but she's healthy aside from all that. Because we have just started our paperwork, we do not plan to be home with her earlier then 9 months from now. And that is us moving seriously fast on everything. Our goal is to have our dossier sent to China in Nov09. Then it's all in the hands of China to process everything else. Also, she's in Guangzhou so we ONLY NEED TO TRAVEL TO ONE PLACE!!!!!!! If you remenber, it was the last leg of our trip. The stop we finally felt relief!!! So we're so happy about that. The Consulate is there so no matter where your child is from, you always end up there. More to come. Welcome to another Cibulski adoption ride.

10 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Congratulations!

She is beautiful. And look at all that hair!

Sharing Life and Love said...

Oh Wow!!! She is precious...How wonderful about GZ---my favorite part of our trip too! Congrats on your quick match! Hope it's quicker than 9 mths for you, though;0)

Tina said...

Congrats! We too are new to the BAAS list and received our PA on August 4th. I have been working on paperwork like a madman and also hope to be DTC in Nov! Good luck and I hope things speed along for you.

Cindy said...

She is adorable!!! Congratulations!!!!

Marjorie said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is gorgeous! I can't wait to see her home.

Marjorie (another BAAS client hoping to also be DTC by November)

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Congratulations!!! I wonder if we saw her when we went over in December. I will have to look through my photos. Would love to follow your journey
Love Jules
xxx
Mummy of another Bao'an baby

jody said...

I saw your post an the adopt cleft group. We brought home our Cali Christine at 23 months old in September of last year. She was our second adoption from China. We were matched with her before we started the paper work. She too had some surgery in China and will need just a bit of revisions, maybe in the next two years. She is beautiful and a perfect fit for our family. I am so happy for you and your new daughter.
Hoping for a speedy paper journey!
Love, jody

Knitcrazy said...

Hooray... Little Penny at last!!!!

I am one Excited Grandma Penny!!! :)

catbertie said...

Found you thru RQ... congrats! My cleft kid's name is Penny (Penelope) as well and her DOB is 1/9/06!! Small world....

come see her at:
http://talbertfive.blogspot.com

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Congratulations! Penny (and her pigtails) is gorgeous! You have a beautiful family. Wishing you speedy paperwork and a safe and soon trip...